Apr 2021 - Aug 2022
User interview, UI/UX design, Figma
2020, the home delivery is disrupted by new players, while Albert Heijn is investing into its own delivery. AH Compact is a service that aims to deliver a small assortment of product targeting smaller income customers.
Research & Analytics
User research, user interviews, App stores screening and analytics study was an integral part of the process.
Usability tests feedback
- Users first look at discounts before to browse through the rest of the assortment.
- Campaigns/Banners are overlooked. Users are generally not interested in our content
- Some users are willing to try new products, but the app doesn't highlight any.
- Both the conversion and the amount of users are stagnating.
- Hightlight the discounts of the week with larger banners, more engaging
- Together with the content team, we've adapted the visuals to make them more appealing (MVP)
- A 'new product' section has been added to the assortiment page. Conversion increased
- Introduced the 'Invite a friend' feature, including a special discount
From sketches to prototypes
The App transitioned from a large to a small palette of color to align with the main brand and support the "simple to use" feeling. Our team also implemented some large features such as 'Invite a friend', a 'Free Product' campaign, new search and filters mechanism, and finally a new homepage to support the App vision.
- Increased revenue in 2 years
- Increased conversion
- Successful expansion in other cities
- 5 major features launched and tracked
- Use of analytics and A/B testing
- Taking full ownership of an App design
- Manage a roadmap of features
- Advocate decisions to stakeholders